5 uses for All Natural Organic Dry Shampoo
By: Krisy K.
Dry shampoo, especially organic, non-aerosol dry shampoo, has so many uses. The list goes on and on and, if you’ve never used it, you’re missing out on a versatile, simple beauty product that saves you time and money. Dry shampoo has even made my hair healthier by extending the number of days I can go between washes. Here are my five favorite uses for dry shampoo that make it a must-have product for almost anyone:
- Use dry shampoo on the go
I love to pack a travel-size dry shampoo in my bag, because it’s light and compact enough to carry around anywhere. I fly at least once a month and keep this on me because it’s airline-approved for a carry-on (no liquid, no aerosol!) and great for using post-flight to get rid of greasy hair. Here are a few more on-the-go uses:
- At the beach - summertime is around the corner and dry shampoo is one go-to product that must be in your beach bag. It’s easy to use and great for adding to that messy beach wave look.
- At festivals - if you’re a festival-goer and heading to South by Southwest, Ultra or Coachella soon, bring dry shampoo to keep your hair looking and smelling fresh when you can’t wash it.
- After a light workout - heading for a night out right after yoga and don’t want to waste time washing and blow drying your hair? Sprinkle on some dry shampoo and go!
- On a road trip - going on a road trip and don’t want to sit in the car for hours with greasy hair? Use dry shampoo in travel size and you’ll feel and look better by the time you arrive at your destination.
- Enjoy your blowout a few days longer
I love how my hair looks after a trip to my stylist and can never seem to make it look as good at home, so using dry shampoo after a new cut allows me to enjoy the professional blowout look for longer.
- Add some volume to your hairstyle
If your hair is limp or you’re going for an ultra-voluminous look, use dry shampoo at the roots to lift up and add body to your hair. Dry shampoo also adds texture for a tousled, unkempt look.
- Get a grip on your updo
If you’re getting an updo, your stylist will tell you to come in with unwashed hair, because the oils will keep the style and the flyaways will stay under control. When you’re doing a casual updo at home, use dry shampoo to keep it in place. It helps to hold your bobby pins in as well!
- Put your bangs in their place
Bangs + warm weather = sticky, piece-y bangs. Sprinkle some dry shampoo on the underside of your bangs to prevent them from sticking to your forehead. This simple trick will keep your bangs looking neat all day.
How dry shampoo can improve your hair
There are natural oils in your hair that get stripped when you wash it every day, so consider taking a break between washes with the help of dry shampoo. You’ll save time on washing and styling your hair every day, and will save money on products.
Your hair will also look better from not having a ton of buildup from daily shampooing and conditioning, and it won’t look dry from exposure to heat products every day. Our dry shampoo is organic and chemical-free, so you don’t have to worry about it clogging your pores or ruining your hair follicles from overuse.
Green & Gorgeous Organics dry shampoo is an easy, natural way to clean your hair without water to make it smell fresh and look great!